Wednesday 19 June 2013

Support - essential for Recovery

They say it takes a village to raise a child - I think it takes a village to recover.  Experiencing mental health challenges can make people feel extremely isolated.  The concept of support may seem alien to some - but WRAP encourages you to think outside the box when it comes to support.  Support comes in many shapes and forms, from family and friends to online forums and telephone helplines.  WRAP encourages you to reach out and ask for support when required (it helps you to also identify when its required).  I don't know about you - but the more unwell I become the less able I am to ask for support - so making a WRAP plan whilst you are well which tells your supporters the signs to look for when you become unwell for me really helps. Support continues to play a huge role in my wellbeing, and alot of my support comes via a peer support forum.  Again exercise caution when using online forums - but they can be an excellent source of support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment