Friday 14 June 2013

A little bit more about WRAP



WRAP - Wellness Recovery Action Planning is a wellness tool. It was devised in America by Mary Ellen Copeland - http://www.mentalhealthrecovery.com/ WRAP changed my life - and I mean that. WRAP gave me a tool that enabled me to take control of my life when there were so many things outwith my control. And most importantly it gave me HOPE that things didn't always have to be the way they were. So thats why I am passionate about WRAP and why I want to spread the word about it. I am lucky to have had the privilege of becoming a trained WRAP facilitator through Scottish Recovery Network www.scottishrecovery.net WRAP is best done in a group setting with trained facilitators. This way there is complete unconditional regard for everyone in the group - and also natural peer support occurs. Peer support has proven to be invaluable in aiding recovery. So keep following me @wrap_scotland for  a Twitter introduction to WRAP starting with the 5 key concepts - what Mary Ellen identified as the building blocks - the first paving stones on the road to recovery. Follow #MacWrap on Twitter for updates. First update - what is HOPE and why is it important. Feel free to contribute

No comments:

Post a Comment