Monday 2 September 2013

WRAP Lesson number 4: There is always HOPE


Sometimes it's just a tiny glimmer - maybe even just a flicker of light, but WRAP has helped me to see that it's always there.  Hopeless to me is the opposite of hope - and hopeless is how I have felt in my darkest moments.  In the past I wouldn't reach out and ask for help, but now I do.  Sometimes we do need others to see hope for us when we can't see it for ourselves.  For the last year I worked as a peer support worker and it became so very clear how important hope is in recovery.  And more importantly how special the ability is to be able to hold someone's hope for them.  Just hold that tiny little glimmer so gently as you would a candle that was about to go out.  Guard it - create a windbreak for it with all your positive thoughts and feelings and allow it to pick up momentum.  And then eventually it will become a bigger flame and may not even need you to guard it.  Remind the people that you support that thee is always hope.
Hang
On
Pain
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment